Civil Partnership and Family Permit

Danielle Cohen
By Danielle Cohen Immigration Law Solicitor Linkedin
Danielle Cohen has over 20 years of experience as a lawyer and a reputation for offering professional, honest and expert advice.
26 March 2019

We have assisted an applicant to obtain a family permit, as a civil partner of an EA “qualified” national.  We requested that the same sex Mauritius lady be granted a family permit under Regulation 12 of the EEA Regulations 2016.  We submitted that the EU national is residing in the UK and she is a qualified person because she is economically active as a self-employed person. They are living happily ever after.