Switching from durable relationship to spouse

Danielle Cohen
By Danielle Cohen Immigration Law Solicitor Linkedin
Danielle Cohen has over 20 years of experience as a lawyer and a reputation for offering professional, honest and expert advice.
26 March 2019

We submitted an application for a family visa for an American national who is married to a French national, who was exercising treaty rights, in the UK. The French national was settled in the UK, having worked since February 2008. We assisted the couple initially under the category of a Durable Relationship on the basis of their cohabitation.  Once they were married, in a ceremony in New York, we made the application for him to join her with a UK spouse visa.