Get in touch for expert advice

A child between the ages of four to 17 years old can apply for a child student visa. They must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school and be able to provide evidence that they have a sufficient amount of money to support themselves in the UK and pay for the course. It is important to have the consent of the parent or guardian to study in the UK.

When to apply for a child student visa?

If you apply from abroad the earliest you can apply for the visa is six months before you start your course.

How long can I stay as a child student in the UK?

That will depend on the age on the date you apply for the application. If you are under age 16 at the date of the application you will be granted student leave for the course length up to six years, plus four months afterwards. If you are between 16 or 17 at the time of the application you will be granted leave to enter or remain for the course length up to three years plus four months afterwards. You can arrive in the UK one month before your course starts but not earlier than the start date given on your visa. You can extend your visa if you are eligible from the UK.

Can I switch into a child student visa?

You may be able to switch to a child student visa from another visa but you must still be between the ages of four to 17. You cannot switch from a visitor, short term student visa, or leave outside the Immigration Rules.

What evidence do I need to provide?

A valid passport and confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS); Evidence of financial maintenance and proof of payment of course fees. Confirmation of consent from parent of guardian.

Danielle invites you to take a look at her blog, where you will see the diverse range of clients that she has helped.

If you have any questions about the process or would like to apply for a scale up visa please contact Danielle or call on 020 7267 4133. Danielle will only charge you for the first consultation if you decide to become her client and if she can assist you.

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority