If you wish to come to the UK in order to get married, but not to remain or settle in the UK thereafter, we can help you make a marriage visitor visa application. This visa allows the applicant to marry or enter into a civil partnership in a licensed venue in the UK within 6 months of arrival. It cannot be extended and the visa holder cannot switch to another visa. 

To be granted a marriage visitor visa, it must be shown that the applicant and their partner:

(a) intend to give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or

(b) intend to marry or form a civil partnership; and

(c) do not intend to give notice of or enter into a sham marriage or sham civil partnership, within the validity period covered by their visit visa.

In addition, the applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor and so the eligibility requirements for a standard visit visa apply (as do the suitability requirements). 

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority