Get in touch for expert advice

A Senior or Specialist Worker visa would allow an applicant to come and stay in the UK to do an eligible job at the employer’s UK branch. This visa replaced the Intra-Company Transfer visa, previously the tier two (inter-company transfer) long-term stay visa.

What are the eligibility requirements?

To quality for this work visa, you must:

  1. Be an existing employee of an organisation that has been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
  2. Have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer with information about the work they will do
  3. Do a job that is on the list of eligible occupations
  4. Be paid at least £48,500 per year

How long can I stay?

You can stay in the UK either for the time given to you on the certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days, or five years; whichever is the shorter of the two. You can apply to extend this visa or apply for another one as many times as you want, up to the maximum total stay of five years. If you are already in the UK with an Intra-Company Transfer visa or tier two visa, you can apply to extend your stay as a Senior or Specialist Worker. However, the maximum total stay allowed under this visa is five years in any six year period if you are paid less than £73,900 a year, or nine years in any ten year period, if you are paid £73,900 a year or more.

How long will it take to obtain the visa?

You can apply for the visa three months before the day you are due to start work and you will get a decision within three weeks if you are outside of the UK and eight weeks if you are inside the UK.

What can I do or not do?

  • As a Senior or Specialist Worker you can work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • You can study and bring your partner and children as your dependents if they are eligible
  • You can do voluntary work and travel abroad and return
  • You are not allowed to receive public funds
  • You cannot change jobs unless you are eligible, and you change your visa
  • You cannot have a second job unless you have previously had an Intra-company Transfer visa or tier two
  • You cannot apply to settle permanently in the UK

What is the application process for my dependents?

Child or adult dependents, spouse or partner of a senior or specialist worker, or a child under the age of 18 can make an application to join the applicant. However, if applying, the applicants will need to satisfy both the relationship and the financial requirements.

Danielle invites you to take a look at her blog, where you will see the diverse range of clients that she has helped.

If you have any questions about the process or would like to apply for a senior or specialist worker visa please contact Danielle or call on 020 7267 4133. Danielle will only charge you for the first consultation if you decide to become her client and if she can assist you.

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority