Get in touch for expert advice

What is a Seasonal Worker visa?

A Seasonal Worker Visa enables you to come to the UK and work in:

  • Horticulture for up to 6 months (for example picking vegetables, fruit, flowers)
  • Poultry from 2 October to 31 December in the same year

Who is eligible for a Seasonal Worker visa?

To be eligible for a Seasonal Worker visa, you will need a certificate of sponsorship.

You will usually need to show at least £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 days in a row.

You must be 18 or over when you apply.

Your employer must ensure your job pays the minimum wage at least and follows the UK rules regarding hours worked per week.

What documents do I need to provide for a Seasonal Worker visa application?

You will need to have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor.

You will also need evidence that you have sufficient personal savings and a valid passport or document showing your identity and nationality.

What can you do on a Seasonal Worker visa?

You can:

  • Work in the job set out in your certificate of sponsorship
  • Study

You cannot:

  • Take up permanent employment
  • Work in a second job or a job other than that set out in your certificate of sponsorship
  • Receive public funds
  • Bring family members as dependants

How long does it take to get a Seasonal Worker visa?

You can apply for Seasonal Worker visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK.

You will usually get a decision within 3 weeks.

When should you apply for a Seasonal Worker visa?

This depends on the type of seasonal work you intend to undertake.

You may apply for horticulture Seasonal Worker visas at any time of the year, but you must apply for poultry Seasonal Worker visas by 15th November.

How much does a Seasonal Worker visa cost?

The application fee is £298.

How long can you stay in the UK on a Seasonal Worker visa?

On a Seasonal Worker visa you can stay in the UK:

  • From 18 October to 31st December annually for poultry work
  • For up to 6 months for horticulture work

Danielle invites you to take a look at her blog, where you will see the diverse range of clients that she has helped.

If you have any questions about the process or would like to apply for a Seasonal Worker visa, please contact Danielle or call on 020 7267 4133. Danielle will only charge you for the first consultation if you decide to become her client and if she can assist you.

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority